What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga Therapy is the therapeutic application of Classical Yoga and Ayurveda, adapted to the needs of the individual. Clients progress toward optimal health and well-being, reducing the symptoms and causes of imbalance.
What can Yoga Therapy do for YOU?
- Reduce Anxiety/Stress
- Fine-tune your yoga practice
- Restore Functional Movement
- Improve Sleep and Digestion
- Address muscular imbalances
- Reduce/manage symptoms of specific conditions
- Balance Nervous System
Yoga Therapy has been shown to reduce symptoms of the following conditions:
- High Blood Pressure
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Hip Surgery
- …and many more
Click here to read more about the Scientific Basis of Yoga Therapy.
Private Yoga Therapy Sessions:
In a Private Yoga Therapy Session, Abby will help you to develop a practice that is safe and empowering. Each session is unique, depending upon the needs of the client.
A typical session consists of
- Asana (stretching/strengthening exercises)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Mindfulness and Meditation practice
- Applied yoga philosophy and psychology
Current Yoga Therapy Schedule:
Wellspring Centre for Body Balance –
Mondays, between 11am and 4pm
Limited availability on weekends
To schedule an appointment:
All sessions are one-hour long
Packages include a free 30-minute consult.
Package of Three: $180
Package of Five: $285
Package of Ten: $550
Single Session: $70/hour